WHY. This exercise helps you improve your posture, open your chest, and breathe more deeply. It also helps get more movement going in your shoulders. Many of us are stuck in this area. More motion there and correct neck alignment can help eliminate neck pain and tight shoulders.
- Stand with your back against a wall with your heels 3-4 inches away from it.
- Press your naval to your spine by gently engaging your abdominal muscles.
- Press your neck straight back toward the wall without forcing it. Don’t tilt the chin, but keep it straight.
- Place your elbows, forearms, backs of hands and fingers on the wall (or as close as you can).
- Bring your wrists to about shoulder height.
- Slowly slide your hands up the wall as much as possible, and then slowly slide them back down.
- Do this 10 times.